Background: Two families have arranged a marriage between Roger and Shanti, but the couple have never met. In this first meeting Shanti has a secret tool to give her the edge.
- At the start of the commercial, what is Roger doing.
- Describe Roger’s physical appearance.
- What kind of clothes is he wearing?
- What does Shanti think of Roger when she first sees him?
- When Shanti uses the remote control to change Roger, what are some of the physical changes that happen?
- Give each new man a two or three word description–like BIKER MAN.
- What does Shanti like about each?
- What does she dislike about each?
- What does Shanti’s mother pick up at the end of the commercial?
- How does her father react?
- What kind of company is the commercial for?
- What does the slogan “Get Use to Choice” mean?
Culture: Not too long ago, arranged marriages were common in Japan. What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of arranged marriages?