- Maybe: Michael Jordan
“Maybe it’s my fault.
Maybe I led you to believe it was easy when it wasn’t.
Maybe I made you think my highlights started at the free-throw line and not in the gym.
Maybe I made you think that every shot I took was a game winner . . . that my game was built on flash and not fire.
Maybe it’s my fault that you did not see that failure gave me strength, that my pain was my motivation.
Maybe I led you to believe that basketball was a god-given gift and not something I worked for — every single day of my life. Maybe I destroyed the game . . . or maybe you’re just making excuses.”
- Why do you think people believe basketball is easy for Jordan?
- Why do you think people have many misconceptions about his skill and ability?
- If it is not god-given talent, what is the source of Jordan’s success?
- Where are some of the scenes in this commercial?
- Can you see his humble beginnings (where he grew up)?
- Who is the sponsor or this commercial?
- What types of products are being sold?
- Why do you think this market must sell basketball as hard work?
- What are some of the excuses you use to avoid hard work?
- What are you going to do to succeed in this class?