- What are the scenes the businessman sees in India for the first time? What are the contrasts he sees?
- What do you imagine the businessman is thinking as he sees these different scenes?
- How do these different scenes represent emerging markets around the world?
- Have you every visited such a country, in the midst of fast development? Give an example if you can.
- What is the mood that is created in this commercial with the music and the background noises?
- Why does the taxi driver say: Leave? Why? Everyone’s here!
- Why is the taxi driver proud of his country?
- Now, apply what you know about emerging markets, new investment and capital, and BRICS nations by writing a few statements about India as depicted in this commercial.
Scritp of conversation: B=businessman from Britain, T= taxi driver.
*note: this is a very natural and laidback conversation between two males. They both naturally drop words and do not speak in full sentences.
B: Is it far?
T: 45 minutes, but I could take longer.
B: No. No, I’m okay. Thanks.
T: First time to India?
B: Yea. I’m not from around here.
T: Really? I see men like you all the time.
B: Have you always lived here?
T: Born here. Back then, this was a barren land.
B: You’re a lucky man. Do you think you will ever leave?
T: Leave? Why? Everyone’s here!
At HSBC we believe that a bank should know when a maket has emerged.